Friday, September 11, 2009

Yonah Schimmel's Knishes Oct 2008

I headed downtown to lay in some necessary supplies. The F train just would not come, so I hopped on the V train. The V only takes you as far as 2nd Ave and Houston and I would have to walk a distance to get to my target area, Essex and Delancy, but I don't mind walking through the Lower East Side. 2nd Ave and Houston left me conveniently close to Yonah Schimmels and so naturally I took a few pictures. A new item for the season was their pumpkin and raisin knish. A little too weird for me but I bought one to take home to let my son Andrew be my guinea pig. He just shuddered and wouldn't touch it, so I gave it to Geraldine to take to Pennsylvania to my son Adam. Something came over me and I bought myself a cheese and cherry knish. It was pleasant but next time I will stick with my standard kasha knish.

The good news is that Streit's is not closing. One of the family members refused to sell. Inexplicably, Guss' Pickles was closed. I didn't feel like going over to The Pickle Guys and getting second best, so I returned home sans pickles. Third best would have been to get a jar of pickles in the supermarket but that is not even open for consideration.

Yonah Schimmel's Knishes Oct 2008

No comments: