Sunday, September 20, 2009

Satanic March 2008

Normally I am pretty tolerant but if someone annoys me by forcing my attention to their bizzarre beliefs, then they become legitimate targets for mockery. I mean that if someone privately subscribes to the belief that they are descended from a six tusked elephant, I couldn't care less but if they shout their belief on the subway, disturbing me or paint their belief in public places, then they become legitimate prey. And so it was that , in quick succession, a crazed evangelist woke me on the subway with his ravings and the Jesus Hucksters (whom I previously documented here), tried to block my path while they raved at me. This past weekend I decided to have some fun. I created these posters and intended to surreptitiously post them near the Jesus Hucksters and quietly wait results with my camcorder. To my great frustration, they were not there. I mean, they have manned the same location on the 42nd St platform, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the past year. I am so frustrated. Rather than waste these posters, I decided to post them here. Thanks to the Beatles for "Give Peace a Chance".

No comments: