Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Walk in Midtown Jan 2009

It was a warm day and I decided to walk around midtown. Normally I avoid midtown because of the crowds but I thought Xmas being over the crowds would be gone. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Huge crowds everywhere, shopping. The line outside of FAO Schwartz stretched most of the length of a block. The day was overcast and I took some shots of the tops of some of the taller buildings disappearing into the clouds. Most of the people must have been foreigners because I didn’t hear anyone speaking English.

As usual, Bergdorf Goodman did not have animated displays. Bloomingdales had many lively animated displays though. From the looks of the displays, the theme this year must have been the 1940s because the men in the displays all wore hats. The women in the displays also reflected the clothing of the 1940s, as did the appliances that they lovingly fingered.

A Walk in Midtown Jan 2009

No comments: