Sunday, September 13, 2009

Broadway Junction Sept 2008

Broadway Junction is an awesome jumble of steel. Here two elevated lines and the A subway line meet. In addition, the two elevated lines have spurs leading to the subway yards and interconnections allowing subways to be shunted from one line to another. Finally, there is a spur visible that may be a remnant from the old Lexington Ave (Brooklyn) EL. The time was dawn on Saturday morning. It was foggy and drizzly. I don't normally find myself here but I had to be at work for overtime and the subways were unusually messed up even for a weekend. As usual, there was construction on the A train and it's last stop was at 168 St. The shuttle bus that was to take me there simply wasn't there. So I took a taxi to 168 St. Since the end of the E line was also being reconstructed and being "serviced" via a shuttle bus, I decided not to take any chances and took the slower J train instead.

No comments: