Monday, September 14, 2009

29th End of Paleozoic Era Party July 2008

What can I say? This was my first time at one of these affairs and the company was delightful. I spoke for hours with not one but two people who spoke Nahuatl. The one lone air conditioner was overwhelmed and the heat was too much to bear and I happily joined a surge to the rooftop where there was a gentle breeze. I think the last time I was at a rooftop party in Manhattan was in the 1960's when we climbed to the roof at one of Mike McInerny's FISTFA meetings to view a partial eclipse through overcast skies. Onthe way home I stopped to have a papaya drink and hot dogs at the papaya stand at E86 St and Third Ave. This place and Schaller&Weber are among the few places that are left from the old Yorkville days and I feel sentimental about those days.

No comments: