Sunday, October 11, 2009

Openhouse New York Oct 2009

My thanks to my ex Barb in London for alerting me to this event. Without her notices, I would not know about half of the interesting things that go on in the city. This is the 7th year of Openhouse. On this occasion, many public and private facilities open their doors and even provide tours. The weekend did not start auspiciously. All the subway lines except for the M train were experiencing delays due to scheduled repairs. And it rained yesterday. On top of that, no one showed up to conduct a tour of The Little Red Lighthouse. Both my camera and my cellphone glistened with water. I decided to head back home and let my equipment dry out. I resumed my visits today but some of the places I really wanted to see were only open Saturday. Maybe I will have better luck next year

No comments: