Sunday, October 18, 2009

FISTFA Oct 17 2009

Made beef, barley and mushroom stew again. I was going to bake two Black Walnut pies from the nuts I had packed in the Catskills a few days before. However, the nuts were so tough that they broke my nutcracker. Imagine trying to crack open large pebbles. Made more Sumac-ade from the Sumac pods I picked in the Catskills. The Moslows brought over a huge amount of food, as did the Phillipses. No one starves here. Rather the opposite. Bob Rodriguez enjoyed watching (if that is the term for a blind man) one of my old serials, G-men versus the Phantom Legion. Mike Moslow and I exchanged electronic files. I gave him two old Long John Nebel shows. One featured Ray Palmer as guest and they discussed the Shaver Mystery and the other featured a Mr. van Tassel talking about his trips in flying saucers. Mike let me copy some CD's with hundreds of Jean Shepherd shows. The next FISTFA will take place on Nov 14th as there would have been a conflict with Philcon the following weekend. Today's FISTFA was the 5th anniversary of the current revival of FISTFA.

2 comments:

otherdeb said...

Sounds like it was a great party and I'm sorry I missed it. Did Marc hand you back the book? Hope to make it next onth.

T Byro said...

Yeah, mark brought the book back. Thanks. We still had 1 1/2 gallons of stew left after veryone left. We needed you here to take some more of the leftovers