Sunday, October 4, 2009

Highbridge Park II August 2007

Highbridge Park is rather long and narrow. There are two sets of trails. One hugs the shoreline and the other climbs up and down the ridge line. Today I decided to explore the ridge line trail. It was hot and incredibly humid. I felt that I should have stayed home. Then too, the trail peters out about half way down without any warning. This portion of the park needs a lot of restoration work and I am not likely to return here anytime soon. Areas off the trail look like poison ivy monoculture. There are few breaks in the vegetation leading to a view.I cannot give high marks to the Dominican cuisine sold at the lunch wagon but I was grateful to drink the oversweetened lemonade, having just lost several quarts of sweat. Next time I will bring a canteen.

No comments: