Sunday, August 23, 2009

FISTFA March 14 2009

Made chili again. It was well received last month and equally well received this month. However, I get bored making the same thing and probably will not make it again for a while. I kind of let myself be guided by what is on sale. Truth to tell though, I love playing with gadgets. I had not given the meat grinder attachment to my Kitchen Aid mixer any thought until recently. This time I bought chuck steaks that were on sale, cut off all the garbage, and ground up some very lean chopped meat. Maybe I will try a meatloaf next. Does anyone have any good meatloaf recipes?

I baked loaves of raisin pumpernickel, rye bread made with molasses and a cheese cake, following my ex, Barb's recipe. The cheesecake did not turn out as well as I had hoped. I was afraid to open the oven door to check the internal temperature until late in the baking process and the temperature had reached 175 degrees, exceeding the limit of 160 degrees indicated by Barb. I had set the oven temperature to it's lowest setting, 200 degrees but it may be that the oven thermometer is not very accurate.

Bob Rodriguez greatly enjoyed listening to episodes of matinee serials The Crimson Ghost and Radar Men From the Moon, as well as episodes of Captain Video and his Video Rangers

FISTFA March 14 2009

No comments: