Friday, August 28, 2009

East River Walk July 2009

Had an appointment with my physician at 10:45 AM. I decided to walk the East River Walk from East 125 St all the way down to E 53rd St rather than take the subway all the way down. The Harlem River Drive Walk that I had previously taken ends at E 155 St. I assume that the 30 blocks in between are badly in need of repairs because that section is completely shut down. The East River section really starts with the pedestrian bridge entry at E 120 St. It does continue North for a while but without any access over the highway unless there is a stair down from the pedestrian bridge leading to Randalls Island. I will have to explore that in the near future. Anyway, sections are quite pretty and afford a view of Manhattan and the East River that are seen only by the joggers and bicyclists that seemed to be the only people that I shared the walkway with. I also found out why I have the only Chinese physician born on the mainland who is Jewish. She married a Jewish attorney sometime after she graduated medical school. The East River Walk ends at E 59th St and resumes at E 53 St. The nearest entrance though is at E 42nd St. More repairs I suppose.

No comments: